The Social Media Manager is responsible for managing a brand’s online presence through various social channels. Their duties include developing engaging content, creating an online community for the brand, and creating an online image that is representative of the brand and what it aims to promote. The Social Media Specialist’s main responsibility is managing the online representation of the brand through their own social networks, such as Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest, and TikTok.
The selected candidate will be accountable for protecting our client’s brand messaging and engagement with customers online. They will also contribute to the evolution of the communications strategy and mange the marketing tactics used to promote the content. The Manager will help build the client’s brand identity online through content and visuals that are representative of the brand and its products or services.
- Develop content to increase community engagement online
- Create a brand persona through the brand’s online channels
- Utilize the social channels most relevant to the brand on a daily basis
- Respond to customer queries through social networks
- Create successful social media ad campaigns that will generate sales/leads
- Work with relevant influencers or complementary brands to grow the company’s social following organically
- Work together with the marketing department and graphic designers to create compelling content for publication or campaigns
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of social channels relevant to the company’s success
- Excellent interviewing skills
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of social media advertising platforms
- 2 – 3 Years of Agency or Client Side Social Media Management Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in English, Journalism, Communications, Advertising, Marketing or related field
- A digital marketing specialization or certificate considered an asset
Pay range is determined based on previous experience, subject matter authority and influence.