The Google Ads specialist is responsible for managing and optimizing Google AdWords campaigns. They’re tasked with creating, updating, and monitoring ad copy, keywords, bids, and other elements of a company’s online marketing strategy.
The Specialist must be well-versed in digital marketing best practices. They need to know how to create compelling ads that will catch the attention of potential customers while also driving conversions. They also need to know how to effectively manage their budget so that they can maximize ROI on every dollar spent.
- Researching new advertising opportunities and providing recommendations to management on which ones are best for the company’s goals
- Analyzing performance data to identify trends and patterns in order to improve campaign effectiveness
- Monitoring competitor activity in order to identify any new strategies that may affect business goals
- Executing advertising campaigns across various channels such as search engines, social media platforms, or mobile devices
- Partnering with other departments to ensure that all advertising campaigns meet objectives set by other departments such as sales or leads generated
- Creating and managing landing pages and conversion tracking tools such as Google Analytics to measure campaign effectiveness
- Creating reports detailing campaign results and making recommendations for future campaigns
- Analyzing customer data to identify potential customers who may be interested in the company’s products or services
- Collaborating with other team members to develop strategies to improve website traffic and sales
- Advanced Search Engine Marketing skills; this involves creating and implementing keywords, designing advertisements and analyzing data to improve performance.
- The ability to interpret information and draw conclusions from it.
- Creative thinking skills can also help you develop new ways to track the success of your advertisements.
- Strong Communication skills to productively interact with clients, coworkers and other members of the team.
- 2 - 3 Years of Agency or relevant Client Side Management Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Advertising, Marketing or related field
- A digital marketing specialization or certificate considered an asset
- Up-to-date Google Certifications
Pay range is determined based on previous experience, subject matter authority and influence.