The B2B Content Writer will be responsible for developing data driven content for the purposes of lead generation and new business development. The successful candidate will research, validate and translate information from both primary and secondary research sources to build content that will appear on the company’s owned digital and social channels. Types of content will range from white papers and how-to guides to feature articles and research reports.
- Work with subject matter experts and data analysts to conceptualize and write new content with Search Engine Optimization (SEO), accessibility guidelines, diverse audiences and user experience in mind.
- Distill complex research and data language into plain language as necessary, and write for audiences of varying levels of digital literacy.
- Write content for a range of digital media assets including web, mobile, video, graphics, and social media to deliver a cohesive and compelling story.
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO best practices to optimize content.
- Conceptualize and oversee the execution of digital content opportunities to complement existing web and newsletter copy (such as infographics, surveys, videos, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience conducting internet research using public sources.
- Ability and experience communicating technical concepts into plain language.
- Professional writing experience.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team collaboratively to meet deadlines.
- A degree or diploma in marketing, communications, journalism or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a content writer, copywriter or similar role.
- A portfolio of digital content that showcases a range of writing styles (such as business, technical, storytelling, content marketing).
Pay range is determined based on previous experience, subject matter authority and influence.
Compensation averages between
$0.10 and $0.20 per word.